YAMAHA YAS-875EXS ALTO SAXOPHONE
Building upon the success of the previous Custom line, the EX Alto has been retooled to offer the classical player many new and exciting features while maintaining the same beautiful sound and excellent intonation long associated with the Custom series. New features include a design change that lessons resistance and increases projection, ergonomic improvements that enhance the overall playability of the instrument and a new lightweight case design!
The Custom EX is the result of decades of painstaking research and trials involving some of the world's greatest saxophonists. The Yamaha YAS-875EX Custom Series Alto Saxophone's depth, smoothness, and flexibility of sound is simply incredible; creating a wide dynamic range, stunning projection, and an authoritative tone with a defined tonal core. Physically, the size and shape of the key buttons have been changed for a better feel. The new handmade Custom G1 neck enhances tonal resonance and gives a quicker, more comfortable response. A two-point bell brace and no center-bow reinforcement plate creates better playing efficiency. In other words the saxophone will sound great with less effort.
- The smaller C, C#, D & E tone hole diameters provide for better intonation
- The new smaller cup diameter allows for better response and resonance
- The custom handmade G1 neck improves response and flexibility
- Key and hook placement have been changed for better comfort
- The position, height, angle and shape of the left-hand spatula keys have all been carefully redesigned to provide extraordinary comfort and quick response.
- All Yamaha saxophones feature an adjustable thumb rest to allow for precise and comfortable hand and fingering position.
- Keywork designed from the player's perspective, with emphasis on comfort, speed, and overall playability. The natural feel of the keys eliminates the need to adapt to an unnatural or uncomfortable key layout.
- Key: Eb
- Auxilary Keys: Front F and High F#
- Custom G1 (handmade) Neck
- French brass neck, body and bell
- Yellow brass keys with Mother of Pearl buttons
- Drawn tone holes
- Blue steel needle springs
- Waterproof leather and wool felt pads with plastic tone boosters
We Also Recommend